The Scalable Studio is a world-class center of innovation for projection-based display technology. Our decade of work with military simulation is now migrating to broader commercial applications, and the Studio is the location where it all comes together. The Studio exists to:
- Address the growing need on the part of commercial customers to understand the continuum from Virtual Reality (VR) headsets to Headset-free VR and large format display
- Training and educating our partners and clients on a broad spectrum of display technology trends
- Demonstrate our software inter-operating with partner products and technologies.
The Studio is currently equipped with:
- 12' Huddlewall with interactive pen technology
- 12' x 12' HD 3D active stereoscopic projection system CAVE with head tracking. The CAVE features a state-of-the-art position tracking system which allows users to walk freely while wearing active-stereo glasses.
- 14' cylinder display with 2 HD projectors and best-of-breed video wall controller
- 2.3MP military simulation style with 4 projectors
- 6HD rear-projected cylinder display
- VR Headsets -multiple brands
- 12' wide 3 WUXGA projector display
- 9' wide 2 WUXGA projector display
- 14' wide 2 4K projector display
- Multiple training/demo stations with reconfigurable display components
Training & hands-on learning
The Studio is a permanent home for Scalable University. In years past we have taken our training on the road to Tokyo, Beijing, Orlando and other cities; with the Studio we have a permanent facility where partners can come any time for training. As a world leader in edge blending technology, Scalable is uniquely positioned to provide world-class training on the entire pixel pipeline from content generation to screen technologies and everything in between.
Our goal is to expand the reach of our training curriculum. We have already begun to record training videos and conduct remote video conferencing visits using the Studio. The videos will be available for “JIT” training for technicians in the field who need guidance or instruction in our software and applications.
Scalable has a large network of partners whose products interoperate well with Scalable software. The Studio provides a venue where these products can be tested and demonstrated on a regular basis. Many such products are already on display in the Studio including:
- Graphics cards: the most recent models that support embedded warp and blend
- Projectors: including laser, LED and lamp, resolutions up to 4K
- Screens: most current products designed specifically for warp and blend
- Content Management Solutions: Video Wall Controllers and content playback systems
- Image Generators: military simulation solutions
- CAVE software
- Warp/Blend Appliances: External warp/blend hardware that has been Scalable-enabled for automatic calibration
The Studio - home of our Application Consulting Group
Scalable now offers professional consulting services via our Application Consulting Group. Our consulting brings Scalable’s decade of best practices know-how and domain knowledge to your project. We will provide detailed analysis of your pixel pipeline and CAD-based models of light paths and camera placements.
The studio provides Scalable the resources to build, mock-up, and test a variety of real world display concepts. Almost any arrangement of systems is feasible in the space provided in the Studio. The Studio has enough room and equipment such that we can mock up particularly difficult display concepts to assess feasibility. The Studio is equipped with machine tools for fabrication purposes.
Open for tours
The Studio is open for training, demonstration and tours. Please contact us for an appointment.