Careers / job opportunities
At Scalable Display Technologies you'll have the chance to make an immediate impact on an organization that's quickly changing the digital projection industry. Work with a culturally-diverse team that believes in working hard—and smart. You'll experience the rewards of ownership along with outstanding compensation and benefits while building displays with 100s of millions of pixels.. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and put that entrepreneurial spirit to work in a culture of innovation, we're looking forward to hearing from you.
Immediate Job Openings - to be filled ASAP
Field Application Engineer
Overview: Demonstrate, deploy, and service Scalable’s edge blending and image warping technologies as part of complex display systems for simulation, theme park, and commercial applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of Scalable’s products and related third-party technologies.
- Gain familiarity with the various system calibration architectures existing in the field.
- Demonstrate and explain Scalable’s solutions to customers on site and at trade shows.
- Assist sales team in assessing feasibility and risk of proposed projects.
- Assist customers towards the best solution for their application through design reviews and general knowledge.
- Install new systems and train customers in how to make best use of Scalable’s products.
- Educate customers formally and informally, towards their ultimate self-sufficiency.
- Respond to customer issues in the field.
- Diagnose complex systems and identify root cause of system performance issues.
- Manage customer expectations, and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Gather customer feedback as input to Scalable’s new product and feature development.
- Frequent travel will be required.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Optical Engineering; or Computer Science.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience working directly with customers
- General understanding of coding principles; ability to write scripts
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn new technologies
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Clear communicator
- Independent thinker
- Familiarity with digital projection systems, GPUs, and VR/AR is a plus
- Familiarity with pro A/V and simulation is a plus
Location: Scalable’s offices are located in Central Square Cambridge, just steps from the MBTA Red Line. This position will require frequent travel.
Benefits: Scalable has great benefits. Health insurance, dental insurance, short term and long term disability, FSA, generous vacation and sick/personal time. We also have a wonderful office environment - casual - yet engaging - company outings a great team!
For information on Career opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity employer, our policy is to hire, train, promote and otherwise provide terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability or veteran status.